Friday, August 10, 2012

Happy Anniversary to ME!

Hey y’all! I guest blogged today over at A Beautiful Day with Jules, and loved the content of my guest post so much that I thought I'd share it with y'all here today! :-)


I moved to Texas from California a year ago this week, and I thought it was only fitting that I create a blog post to commemorate my first anniversary here in the ‘ole hot state (since as I’ve mentioned in SEVERAL previous posts, I always like to celebrate the ‘little’ things)!

On August 6th, 2011, I packed my bags and headed over to this glorious state. I had NO idea what I was in for, but managed to keep an excited smile planted on my face as I transferred my poor body from a cool 70 degrees to 100+ degrees in a matter of two days.

Since living here in Texas, I have learned and picked up so many things/habits I didn’t know in California. One of which is the oh-so-famous “y’all”! I am SO guilty of this one! It’s just so convenient. Why the conjoined word phrase hasn’t mozied its way on down to CA is beyond me!

I REALLY learned what football is all about here—especially college football! I could not believe how much fun it was getting to attend my university’s first game of the year… even if we didn’t win (anyone who knows about UNT knows we don’t have the best track record when it comes to winning football games).



I’ve learned about love and I’ve learned about heartache. I’ve learned the true meaning of friendship and how crazy but oh-so-fun it can be to live with 3 random girls. I’m still constantly learning things here in Texas (like how much mosquitoes love my sweet blood), but I’m so proud and so happy to call it my home for the time being. J So cheers to my first anniversary here in Texas, and cheers to the blogging community for enduring my mini-celebration! ;-)




It's been a great ride here at City Girl Gone Country. I'm still amazed when my DIY posts like my T-shirt to Tank Tutorial gets countless views each day (you like me, you really like me!). I can't wait to see what comes next, and look forward to sharing more crafty things in the future with y'all!
SBTsig

5 comments:

  1. You made a great choice coming to Texas!! :)

    You should link this post up for Texas Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I'll link up this Tuesday, Amanda! :-)

      Delete
  2. I love these kind of posts. It's nice to hear how people reflect back on time. Congrats on your one year blog anniversary. Mine is up and coming also. = )

    Irish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Irish! Congrats on your one year, as well!

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary on living in Texas! Sorry it's taken me so long to get back over here! I am following now though! I am originally form Dallas! I would love to get back some day but it doesn't look like it will be any time soon :( Thanks for stopping by and following!

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all! I see ya there; thinkin' of leavin' a comment, aren't ya?! Well I'd sure love to get some feedback from y'all, so get to blabbin'! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...