Friday, July 20, 2012

My Heart Aches for Aurora, CO

“Don't be ashamed to weep; 'tis right to grieve. Tears are only water, and flowers, trees, and fruit cannot grow without water. But there must be sunlight also. A wounded heart will heal in time, and when it does, the memory and love of our lost ones is sealed inside to comfort us.” ― Brian Jacques, Taggerung

Like most Americans, I was struck with horror when I heard the news of last night's shooting at the Century 16 theater in Aurora, CO during the midnight viewing of "The Dark Knight Rises."

Picture courtesy of operationhandhug.com

I'm literally at a loss for words at this moment. This won't be a long blog post, I just simply had a question to my fellow bloggers. Do any of you know of an online donation page being set up for cash or money efforts to be put towards a gift or funeral needs for the loved ones of those who were lost in this tragedy? I know that there is a donation event happening in Colorado, but the event's host mentioned that they will NOT be accepting cash or money donations.

Please let me know if you get this information. I appreciate it.

UPDATE: There is an online donation page hosted by Crowd Wise, where people can donate by name or anonymously however much they please (minimum of $10). Go HERE to make a donation that will go toward relief efforts for families who have lost loved ones.

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey y'all! I see ya there; thinkin' of leavin' a comment, aren't ya?! Well I'd sure love to get some feedback from y'all, so get to blabbin'! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...