With that being said, often times my biggest "cheat" craving is pizza. I don't know what it is about the delicious dinner pie that gets me wishing I had 500+ calories to fill for dinner, but I can get the urge to eat a slice at any time of the day. Since I know how costly pizza can be to one's diet, I decided that there has to be a way to meet my craving and still feel good about it, too. And so, I introduce to you today's Hearth-Healthy Culinary Creation:
Sarah's Skinny Pizza
Nutrition Facts: 202 Calories, 13g Protein, 27g Carbohydrates, and 100% Delicious!
- 1 multi-grain tortilla
- 1 slice fat-free cheese (I prefer Swiss or cheddar), cut into small squares
- 2 tbs low-sodium marinara sauce
- 1/4 green bell pepper, cut into slivers
- 1/4 red bell pepper, cut into slivers
- 1 slice low-sodium turkey ham, broken up into bite-size pieces
Prep Time: < 5 Mins
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Build pizza ingredients on top of the multi-grain tortilla. Start with the sauce, adding the cheese squares, then the toppings you desire. To keep it low-calorie but extremely tasty, I suggest toppings like bell peppers, olives, and/or even some pineapple chunks.
- Place your pizza on a flat baking tray (a cookie sheet or pizza tray will do, as well.)
- Place pizza in the oven and cook for a few minutes (time will vary depending on amount of topping).
- Watch your pizza through the oven window. When the cheese is fully melted, the edges of the tortilla are golden, and the toppings look crisp but not burned, use an oven mitt and remove the baking tray.
- Let your pizza cool for 1-2 minutes, then enjoy!
Sarah's Skinny Pizzas are perfect for a small lunch meal to fix your craving without compromising the calories. I typically enjoy them with a few pieces of fruit on the side and a glass of water or Snapple Diet Iced Tea with a wedge of lemon.
If you try it out and/or change any ingredients, let me know! I'd love to hear your feedback :-) Stay healthy and Bon Appetit!
Sarah B Texas
Stay Connected with me! Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest for daily updates, pictures, and conversation!