Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A little more sneak-peek to my Vaca-time

I know, I know. I'm behind... REALLY behind. I've been on two trips and have nothing to show in the blogging world for it except an extremely overdue post up on Sunday Snaps and a bunch of emails asking what corner I ran to hide in. 

Rest assured, I'm alive! I stupidly bravely planned a four-day trip with my sweetheart to visit his family in Michigan and take in his hometown. What makes this so brave? The fact that the minute I would touch back down on Texas soil I'd be hitting the ground running with the Fall semester. Who likes playing catch up? Not me.

SO, now that I've gotten my classes, books, and homework all taken care of and under control, I'll give you a little sneak peak into our Labor Day weekend MI trip. At some point, I will be posting a Summer Vacation wrap up with highlights from both our CA and MI trips, but for now, a few teasers will have to do ;-)

Joe and I were fortunate enough to be taken to the Frederik Meijer Botanical Gardens by his mother. It was breathtaking!


I took full advantage of the beautiful plants, flowers, waterfalls, and sculptures available at the gardens with my trusty Canon Rebel!


Joe's mother fired up the bonfire pit one of the nights we were there, and it was such a delight to sit by the fire as the sun went down and take in the lake's beauty.


We both had a great time. I enjoyed getting to see the Mister's hometown, and I think he enjoyed showing me the ins and outs of Michigan. I would LOVE to go back again sometime soon!

What did you do for the Labor Day weekend? Anything exciting or different? I'd love to see! If you're a college student like me, hang in there! I know the initial start back to classes is so hard!

Until next time...

SBTsig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey y'all! I see ya there; thinkin' of leavin' a comment, aren't ya?! Well I'd sure love to get some feedback from y'all, so get to blabbin'! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...